Small Town Romance
The McAdams Sisters #4
Abby McAdams can’t sleep. She keeps having nightmares about her grandmother. Cuddling up beside her friend, Riley, helps to ease some of the fears. Well, cuddling and the candy she keeps hidden around his apartment. She can’t help but feel an attraction to Riley too, but they are just friends…right?
Riley has his own past that haunts him, but she thinks he might want to get to know Abby on a deeper level too. As they fight their own desires to be together, the past comes back to slap them in the face.
“Lakeshore Candy” is the fourth STANDALONE in the “By The Lake” series, about the McAdams sisters, from author Shannyn Leah.
CANDY APPLE RECIPE
- 7 apples
- white cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3 drops of red food coloring
1. Insert craft sticks into whole, stemmed apples.
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet
3. In a saucepan on medium heat, add the sugar, corn syrup and water. Continue to heat to 149 degrees C (300 degrees F). Your syrup will be done when you drop a small amount into cold water and it forms hard and brittle. Once at this temperature carefully remove from heat.
4. Stir in red fool coloring.
5. Holding the apple by the stick, dip into the syrup, turn to coat the entire apple and then place on the prepared baking sheets.
5. For extra fun, you can add sprinkles, nuts, coconut or anything by having a shallow bowl nearby to roll your syrup coated candy apple in.
Let cool. Enjoy!