VISIT AND EXPLORE BEYOND THE SHORE FOR EVEN MORE ENTERTAINMENT AND ATTRACTIONS!
Willow Valley has vast areas of hiking trails to walk on, river and streams to fish in plus a selection of greens to golf on. You can spend hours doing lots or hours doing little or nothing at all. It's up to you! Located on the sandy shores of the Lake, Willow Valley offers freshwater sailing, swimming, and fishing. Or maybe you'd enjoy enhancing a hobby? Stop by our local art galleries and take part in the workshops they offer.
Looking for a winter wonderland get-away? Enjoy the landscape while cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, or ice fishing. Treat yourself and rejuvenate at one of Willow Valley's spas.
No matter what your vacation plans are you will find plenty of options in Willow Valley.
One of the best places to visit during the summer in Willow Valley, is the Farmer's Market! All the local small businesses get together and offer their many locally grown and handmade products and services to the town. Enjoy everything from Mrs. Calvert's freshly baked bread to the Saunders organic eggs.
A favorite at the Farmer's Market are the Candy Apples and below is a delicious recipe to make your own. Enjoy!
- 7 apples
- white cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3 drops of red food coloring
1. Insert craft sticks into whole, stemmed apples.
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet
3. In a saucepan on medium heat, add the sugar, corn syrup and water. Continue to heat to 149 degrees C (300 degrees F). Your syrup will be done when you drop a small amount into cold water and it forms hard and brittle. Once at this temperature carefully remove from heat.
4. Stir in red fool coloring.
5. Holding the apple by the stick, dip into the syrup, turn to coat the entire apple and then place on the prepared baking sheets.
5. For extra fun, you can add sprinkles, nuts, coconut or anything by having a shallow bowl nearby to roll your syrup coated candy apple in.
Let cool. Enjoy!
SIGNED PAPERBACK (Candy Crumble)
$5 Amazon egift Card!
WV's BOWLING LANE
1. Straighten the wrist of the hand you're using to bowl. No flexing or bending of your wrist.
2. When you swing the ball back and forth keep your hand straight.
3. As the ball comes forward begin rotating the wrist, hand and fingers on your bowling ball toward the opposite side of your body.
4. Let go of the ball as it reaches your ankle and your hand should finish in hand shake position.
Good luck on your next visit to Willow Valley's Bowling Lane!